Pets first aid with poisoning

Dogs and cats often play in the garden and sniff or nibble at plants that can be toxic to them and risk their lives.

Although pets have very well-trained sensory organs, nevertheless it always comes back to poisoning by dangerous substances. In this case, fast action is announced. What exactly you can do with a poisoning, you will learn in this article.

How can you recognize poisoning?

Dogs and cats often play in the garden and sniff or nibble at plants that can be toxic to them and risk their lives. Therefore, it is important that they learn from an early age not to arouse plants.

If you go for a walk with your dog, you also have to be careful that the four-legged friend does not catch food remnants in bad condition, which can cause different reactions. The food on the street could also be poisoned!

There are three types of poisoning: skin poisoning, inhalation of toxins or swallowing toxic substances.

The symptoms of poisoning depend on the substance and the amount. Mostly it comes to vomiting, diarrhea, excessive salivation and difficulty breathing. The animal can be limp and tired and have no desire to eat or play.

If you have a garden or houseplants, you should inform yourself which plants can be toxic to your pet.

For cats and dogs, for example, the following plants are dangerous: laurel, plants of the genus Croton, ivy, peace lily, fern, rubber tree, blue hyacinth, ficus, mistletoe, lily, and holly.

You can also see if you can find the source of the evil in the house: you may find traces of a cleaner on the floor or other signs of a product that could cause poisoning.

First aid for poisoning

You should take your dog or cat to the vet as soon as possible to have the animal examined. Even the first aid measures at home are very helpful.

Depending on the type of poisoning, different techniques are recommended to save the animal’s life.

In the case of a skin reaction, for example, because the dog or cat had contact with a poisonous plant, the first measure is very simple: bathe the animal with neutral soap or animal shampoo and lukewarm water.

If the animal inhales a poisonous substance, it’s best to bring it to fresh air or open the windows.

However, if the pet has swallowed poison, it must be expelled by vomiting. Nausea can be produced in different ways, but we recommend that you seek help from the vet as soon as possible.

If it is an emergency, you can give the dog or cat a tablespoon of a mixture of salt and water or spray this solution with a syringe in the neck. You can do this twice, and then wait and see if the desired effect appears.

There are also colon cleansing and defecation means to excrete the toxin through the stool. Activated charcoal, milk with oil or burnt toast can be useful in this case, for example.

Until the vet comes or you have brought the animal to the vet itself, rest is recommended. Put the animal in his bed or on a pillow and put the water bowl over it.

Do not forget that prevention is the best medicine to prevent poisoning in dogs or cats. Store cleansers well so that the animal has no chance. During a walk and also at your home, make sure that the animal can not eat poisonous food.

About Tony Jack

Avatar
My name is Tony Jack In my Site i have Posted Blogs from different fields and niche you have benefit from anyone of them….!!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

x

Check Also

What is the root cause of stress and anxiety?

Keep in mind that there is no situation that creates stress or concern in itself, ...

Want to be perfect? Don’t waste your energy in vain …

How much of our life energy is spent on being better, even better… .perfect and ...

How to survive the chaos?

The realization that everything is constantly dying and giving birth in the Universe gives us ...